Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Something New

I have decided that since I do not have a real hobby, that I would try to crochet. I have tried this before,but only had the patience to make the beginning chain. Since my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are so freaking crafty and creative I am sure they will get a kick out of this. A friend at work started teaching me, well now I am stuck(she went on maternity leave). So for me the very independent, I can do it myself type I will soon have to ask my mom-in-law for help. This is what I have done so far.


7 comments:

The Bryant's said...

I didn't know our co-worker was pregnant! I am proud of your work. You are very talented and patient. :)

Nicole Puckett said...

I think the beginning looks great.... Would love to help but crocheting is not my thing!!!

amy said...

way to go granny!!

tee hee hee! the last thing i actually made on my own was a friendship bracelet back in jr. high!

christy said...

Amy, one day it will be beautiful, and you will be jealous:))) (that is a smile with extra chins)

Gram said...

I crocheted years ago and just got back into it before Christmas. Unfortunately, all I remember is the basic stitch. I made a throw for the couch and a scarf for Amy. Sharon is probably your best bet. I find it very soothing, not like a lot of crafts which I get stressed. I know it will be beautiful when you finish :D

amy said...

i saw a book at target yesterday called, "crochet for dummies"... i almost bought it for you!! i actually would really like to buy it for you if you think it might have some helpful info!! i didn't know if it would be better to get a live demo from mrs. finley or if you could get some helpful info from a book.

let me know what you think!!

christy said...

I appreciate your concern for my project.